Kentucky Soul Music

a blog for people with music on their minds

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Check 1, 2... how do I sound?

I need to build a community of my own, of people to whom I can really relate. Especially, I need to hear from some musicians. I've been actively playing guitar since I was in the single digits of my age, and I'm also proficient on bass & drums. My groove doesn't quite flow with this area's local scene, and it's a little stifling. I can hang with some blues, as I've been doing, but I'm closer to an R&B/soul vibe. I see a lot of cowboy hats and Confederate flags, and I've been thumped by a few wannabe hip-hoppers driving by with booming sound systems. If my choices take me away from my desired outcome, I suppose there's no one to blame but myself, but I feel that we have more power over our lives than we've been led to believe.

So that's where it is, people. Your thoughts? Don't be shy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home