Kentucky Soul Music

a blog for people with music on their minds

Sunday, October 23, 2005

Lensbreaker

In addition to music, I have an interest in video production going back to "pro-sumer" NTSC 1/2 inch open-reel B+W. For those who don't speak technogeek, this means the early '70s. If I had any of those old tapes from my junior high school days, I'm not sure if I'd let anyone see them. They would be embarrassing childhood pictures, like the time when I was on-camera talent. Some of my classmates stole my comb, grabbed me, held me down and messed up my hair just before the director counted down to my cue. It seems insignificant now, but no one helped me get my medium-sized 'fro into shape. Plenty of giggles, though. My mark for that project was below parental expectations, which I believe was their intention; thanks a lot, guys. (Did I mention that my father believed in corporal punishment for bad grades?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home