Kentucky Soul Music

a blog for people with music on their minds

Friday, November 04, 2005

So what's the big deal?

It's simple. Music has been a part of my life since birth, a part of my family's life going back at least 4 generations on both sides. I've been on stages from Manhattan to Morocco. I've recorded on everything from cassette to digital, and played everything from rock to funk, from reggae to blues, to gospel and jazz. I've supported a big name a couple of times, backed a few up-and-comers, and tried to get original tunes in the door of almost every record label. For those who believe otherwise, let me correct your thinking: it isn't easy. Simon Cowell is Paula Abdul, compared to the real purveyors of music media and merchandise. I sent my songs to one of them, and in his words, he thought I "sounded like a white guy." [Until my photos are posted, take my word for it. No, I'm not.]

I realize that the best way to get my point across is to create an enterprise based on my own vision, to get the most positive, most talented people to work on ideas that satisfy our mutual goals (mine and theirs). Not to put anybody else down, but I've got things that will blow some minds. If you have some ideas like that, I need to hear from you. Let me have your e-mail address, and we'll start talking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home