Kentucky Soul Music

a blog for people with music on their minds

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Do you like good music?

...if so, then you should have been hanging out with me these past few days. First, my trip to NYC: I was with my buddy Phil, whom I hadn't seen in too long. We got together with Mike and David from my old home town, and fell down the stairs of a funky (and that is the word -- the room reeked of mildew) rehearsal studio.
We did a few hours of "You remember this one?", whereupon we'd launch into a song we used to play in the '80s. The fact that some of the songs were significantly older than the '80s never deterred us from enjoying ourselves. Phil put it into perspective for me; the four of us hadn't been in the same room, playing music together, for about 15 years. Ow.

This past Saturday (23), my baby and I are invited to Dahn and Larry's place, way, way out in the boonies. No prob, though, with Barry giving us a lift. In fact, its remote location worked in our favor, because it was like Stevie Ray Vaughn used to say. The house was rockin', so we didn't bother knockin', we just went on in. Barbecue, cold cuts, beer, soda, chips, slaw, potato salad and dessert. That's how you get a musician's attention... free food.
With Dahn & Larry Scott, Barry, Todd Madding, Ray Krebs on tenor, and also BJ and Chad from the group Steppin' Out, we tore the roof off the sucker.

I'm back in town now, and trying to make a name at 2 places, Doe's Eat Place and Jeremiah's. I'm at Jeremiah's on Wednesday starting at 7PM, and at Doe's on Fridays from 9:30 on. I may not be able to stick it out at Doe's unless I can pull a good crowd in. So, support the arts: tell your friends, and bring 'em down to downtown Paducah with you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home